TMU's original emergency support benefits
TMU will accept applications from our international students for TMU's original emergency support benefits．
We will start accepting applications from today.
If you are interested, please apply according to the following.
Support amount and number of successful applicants
- 50,000 yen per person
- The maximum number of successful applicants is 800.
Persons eligible for benefits
Financial distressed students (limited to regular students) whose part-time job income decreased by 50% or more due to the spread of COVID-19.
The decrease in part-time job income: the part-time job income per month after December 2019 will be determined by the amount before and after being affected by the new coronavirus infection.
How to apply
- Please access the URL specified on the student portal and enter from the designated entry sheet.
- Attached documents (the following documents that prove the entry sheet)
- A copy of your student ID card
- A copy of the bankbook or cash card that describes the transfer account
- Documents certifying the amount of part-time job income before and after the decrease (copy is possible)
- Attachment Document Submission Form (173KB)Adobe PDF
Please submit the attached documents with the “letter pack light” to the following address after entry.
Welfare Section, Student Division,
Tokyo Metropolitan University
1-1 Minami-Osawa, Hachioji City, 192-0397
*Please clearly notify “Care of ‘TMU's original emergency support’” at the top.
*Please use (destination label URL (201KB)Adobe PDF) if possible.
- Entry： noon on Monday, June 29, 2020
- Attached documents： Friday, July 10, 2020 (postmark valid on the day)
Transfer to the designated account as soon as the procedure is completed.
- Benefits will be implemented after examination of up to 800 people. It is not provided to all applicants.
- Please adhere to the deadline. For any reason, entries after the deadline will be invalid.
- Please be sure to submit all the attached documents. If the attached documents are not submitted or the postmark of the attached documents is past the deadline, the entry will be invalid. Please note that we cannot answer inquiries regarding the arrival of documents, including whether or not they have arrived.
- When creating an entry sheet or submitting the attached documents, please check the details carefully. If the entry sheet or attached documents are incomplete or incorrect, the payment may be delayed and the payment itself may become difficult.
- If it is difficult to open an account at a financial institution and you cannot specify a transfer account, please notify the Student Welfare Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) before making an entry sheet.
- We will replace the notification of the examination result with the transfer of the support money. We will not separately notify you in writing. In addition, we cannot respond to inquiries regarding the results.
- In addition to the above attached documents, we may ask you to submit additional documents for confirmation.
- If a false application is confirmed, the benefits will not be paid. In addition, please be aware in advance that the support money will be returned if any falsehood is confirmed after payment.